Your Cart is empty
SUNSTRIP FITTING INSTRUCTIONS
Do not apply in extreme temperatures! Very hot or very cold weather, and especially not in direct hot sunshine! Like any vinyl, it gets softer and easier to tear and ruin when it is hot, when cold the adhesive will not stick to the glass properly.
- Thoroughly clean the windscreen to remove all dirt, grit and grease. Be careful which product you use to clean the glass, as some will leave a residue behind that will prevent the sticker from adhering well. Most alcohol-based glass cleaners evaporate so will be best for this
- Measure down from each side of the top of the windscreen and apply a little masking tape, to mark the same length at each side of the windscreen. This will help ensure the strip is applied as straight as possible
- Remove the backing paper from the sunstrip and apply a thin spray of soapy water to it as well as the top of the windscreen (don't use too much soap in your water. Less is more here)
- Apply the sunstrip to glass leaving the excess at the sides and top. The soapy water will allow movement of the strip to ensure it's placed correctly
- Squeeze out excess water and air bubbles from under the strip, the side of a credit card is a handy tool for this (one with smooth edges, if in doubt wrapping it in a microfiber should stop it scratching the vinyl). You can pin prick any bubbles that won't go away and press flat if they’re a real pain (We do sell squeegees which are perfect for this task, find them in the sunstrip section)
- Trim off excess vinyl around the glass carefully with a sharp blade
- When it is fitted and you are happy, leave it to totally dry before driving off (you don’t want it flying off halfway down the road!)
STICKER FITTING INSTRUCTIONS
- Thoroughly clean the surface to remove all dirt, grit and grease. Be careful with what product you used to clean the glass, as some will leave a residue behind that will prevent the sticker from adhering well. Most alcohol-based glass cleaners evaporate so will be best for this.
- Prepare the sticker for application by firmly rubbing a credit card/squeegee across the length of the sticker. This removes any air bubbles that may have formed and makes the sticker cling to the transfer tape.
- Peel the paper backing off the sticker. If the sticker clings to the backing, slowly replace the paper backing and repeat the previous step. Take extra care with our chrome and glitter vinyls when doing this.
- Place the sticker onto the surface and rub it in place firmly with a credit card/ squeegee ensuring to cover the whole sticker when doing this. For best results, wait a few minutes before moving to the next step.
- Slowly peel the backing paper off at an angle. Be careful not to pull the sticker off the surface. If your sticker pulls away from the surface, repeat the previous step again until stuck.